Wednesday, May 17, 2017

EXTINGUISHING THE LIGHT


The world wants to silence us. Many groups have adopted a policy of "no proselytizing." However, everyone proselytizes or pushes one thing or another. Sometimes, they are just pushing themselves to impress.

A Facebook respondent dismissed my argumentation saying:

• Daniel will never listen to anyone here. His mind is already made up.

There are several problems with this response:

• It represents a refusal to interact with what I had written.

• It assumes that everyone else is open to argumentation, while I am not.

• It assumes that I will not deal honestly with the argumentation even though I have my theological commitments.

Perhaps they are just threatened by the Light. Be encouraged but also be gentle and respectful. Apart from the grace of God, we'd be worse. I certainly was.

No comments: