Monday, October 5, 2015

THE FAITHFULNESS OF GOD EVEN THROUGH SUFFERING: A TESTIMONY





My wife and I have been following reports about the search for the container ship El Faro, praying and grieving for the families and the possible lost lives.

However, even in the midst of this tragedy, I have been thanking God for His goodness. Ironically, there are many reasons to thank Him for His goodness, even in the midst of suffering, but I will mention just one.

Misery loves company, and I had been a miserable person. While the Bible instructs us to mourn with those who mourn and rejoice with those who rejoice (Romans 12:15), to my great shame, I found that I was mourning with those who rejoice and rejoicing when others mourned, even as a Christian. Not only was I deeply ashamed of myself, but these feelings made me feel isolated and alien from my brethren. In my mind, they were successful Christians, while I was a complete, unspiritual failure. Therefore, I couldn’t help but feel jealous of them.

However, our God is able to provide:

·       If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Romans 8:31-32)

He is in the process of giving us all things. For me, it took time. However, now I can look back with gratitude because my Savior has provided. I now can feel like a human being. Even more, I can now see myself as a child of God and can rejoice for the good He has done for me!

No comments: