Thursday, February 12, 2015

MY ONLY HOPE


My head is a cracked egg; my body has seen its day.
Death presents its bill, which I cannot pay.

Genocide yells out, but no one hears.
Persecution abounds, but no one cares.

Lies are honored with the highest seat.
While my aging body is a pot-holed street.


Self-control has packed its bags and fled from me.
My positive affirmations are mocked by infirmity.

Self-trust is a tall tale.
My proud fortress crumbles with the hail.

From where must my hope come?

• They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place; they take delight in lies. With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse. Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (Psalm 62:4-8)

My Deliverer has never failed me!

No comments: