Sunday, April 24, 2011

Muslim Evangelism of Christians



Here’s my response to a Muslim evangelist who argued that Christians aren’t obedient because they don’t follow the Hebrew Scriptures or even Jesus:

Even the Old Testament prophesied of a New Covenant that would take the place of the Old:

• Jeremiah 31:31-34 "The time is coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds…For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Jesus also declared that the Old would be fulfilled (Matthew 5:17-19) and He consequently instituted the New Covenant:

• Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Consequently, when he sent out his disciples, He didn’t tell them to teach Moses, but rather Himself:

• Matthew 28:1-20 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

No comments: